Compliance Analyst Role in Boston
Posted: June 27, 2018
Boston, MA, United States
Berkshire Group's core competency is in the multifamily real estate segment and is widely recognized as a fully integrated multifamily investment management firm. With properties extending throughout the United States, Berkshire Group provides investors with national reach and local market presence and expertise.
Berkshire Group has leveraged the tremendous talent and the deep bench strength of its team to become a fully integrated company capable of acquisitions, value creation, asset rehabilitation, professional property management, and disposition services. The ability to provide all of these core services and effectively utilize entrepreneurial sourcing to maximize efficiency is what sets Berkshire Group apart from its competitors.
Under the general direction of the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, the Compliance Analyst will support the Compliance Department for the Berkshire Group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (These are the main duties/tasks of the position and the important in order to be successful)
• Prepare and submit required regulatory filings for multiple federal, state and foreign regulators
• Support the administration of the firm’s Code of Ethics through our automated compliance system (Schwab CT)
• Research various regulatory obligations and draft proposals to implement applicable controls
• Work closely with Berkshire’s marketing team to review marketing material and other firm deliverables for compliance with regulatory requirements
• Review and test internal policies and procedures to ensure appropriate coverage and consistency
• Monitor compliance publications and resources for industry trends and best practices
• Maintain an orderly compliance folder subject matter correspondence and document files
• Independently manage all phases of compliance projects with limited supervision
• Provide assistance with ad-hoc legal and compliance projects and requests as needed
• Perform Anti-Money Laundering checks on new investors in our funds
• Work with external compliance consultants to prepare for the annual compliance review
• Assist with periodic employee compliance training
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Learning Agility Advanced
Industry Knowledge Advanced
Computers / Technical Advanced
Compliance Management Advanced
Decision Making Judgment Advanced
Business Knowledge Some Knowledge
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Law or related field.
1-3 years: 1-3 years’ financial services experience, preferably in a legal or compliance role
Apply online at http://www.berkshire-group.com/careers/ or contact email@example.com for more information.