Job Opening: Broker-dealer CCO in Denver or Cleveland
The Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) of Victory Capital Advisers, Inc. (“VCA”) will be the CCO of the limited purpose broker-dealer that distributes the Victory Funds (member of FINRA and SIPC). As a member of our compliance team, you will be based in Cleveland, OH or Denver, CO. You will be a member of a centralized team that has overall responsibility for the firm’s compliance program including developing policies and procedures, training, testing and assessing the compliance programs of the broker-dealer, the fund complex (“Victory Funds”) and the registered investment adviser, Victory Capital Management Inc. (“VCM”).
• Draft and maintain policies and procedures to ensure that the broker-dealer compliance program meets applicable laws and regulations and ensure that advisors’ operations are conducted in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Design and implement a compliance oversight program that is effective in preventing, detecting and mitigating violations of applicable law or firm policies.
• Responsible for directing, developing, implementing and maintaining compliance monitoring, risk assessments, reporting, testing, tracking and applying regulatory priorities as well as industry best practices.
• Ensure the firm has reasonably designed written supervisory procedures (WSPs) to supervise the activities of its associated persons and the types of businesses in which it engages.
• Administer the overall advertising and sales material review program including marketing of products sold through separate accounts, mutual fund and ETFs.
• Support compliance efforts related to Advertising, Training, Email Surveillance, Branch Office Exams, Regulatory Examinations, FINRA licensing and registrations and Anti-Money Laundering.
• Work with senior management, Legal, Compliance, HR, Marketing, registered representatives and other key constituencies to train, promote and enhance a culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Monitor the effectiveness of established compliance processes and controls and recommend and implement enhancements.
• Assist regulators, auditors, Compliance personnel and business unit management with regulatory exams and inquiries
• Provide compliance support for new product initiatives.
• Integrate industry benchmarking and best practices through ongoing research, education and industry affiliations
• Bachelor’s Degree required and at least 7 years of applicable experience working in the securities industry, working for an investment adviser or broker-dealer.
• Series 7 and Series 24 securities registrations required or must be obtained within 12 months.
• Thorough knowledge of the broker-dealer business from a product, corporate governance, compliance and administrative perspective.
• Strong knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations.
• Excellent ability to interpret and communicate regulatory guidance.
• Proven knowledge of securities laws, regulatory compliance, risk management and risk controls.
• Strong subject matter expertise in marketing review, including the development and maintenance of a marketing material and collateral review program for products such as separate accounts, mutual funds, ETFs, UCITS, collective trusts and wrap programs.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization including the Executive Management Team.
• Ability to work well under pressure and under tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate across business lines to handle conflicts.
• Advanced Microsoft skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload and prioritize for effectiveness in meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and adapt to changing and competing priorities.
• Significant compliance experience is required, preferably including experience as a CCO, deputy CCO or an equivalent role.
• Advanced degree.
• Well-versed in investment process, securities operations, and proper governance practices.
• 7-10 years of legal and/or compliance experience, or related experience in driving initiatives related to governance and control functions, or deep knowledge in investment adviser regulatory operations.
• Proven ability to interact with and influence members of senior management and a highly entrepreneurial and independent minded sales force.
• Experience initiating, directing, developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and procedures governing compliance activities.
• Advanced understanding of ’40 Act, Advisers Act, ETF, UCITS, MiFID, and NFA regulations and industry best practices.
• Experience coordinating FINRA broker-dealer or SEC broker-dealer or registered investment adviser exams and responses.
• Experience with email archiving/review and online training management.
• Ability to travel up to 5%.
• Series 7, 24, 63, 65 and/or 66 licenses.