General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
New England Asset Management, Inc. (NEAM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Re Corporation and provides asset management services primarily to the insurance industry. With assets under management in excess of $65 billion, NEAM services include investment management, capital management, risk analytics and investment accounting services. NEAM’s culture is team oriented, collaborative, and intellectually curious.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Compliance Officer /Contract Administrator in our NEAM office in Farmington CT.
NEAM is currently offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced compliance professional who will report to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and take an integral role in helping to manage and contribute to the Company’s compliance program. The Compliance Officer will work independently, and in conjunction, with members of the legal and compliance teams and resolve problems through the application of experience and judgment. The Compliance Officer will assist with the administration of the compliance program and support efforts related to compliance oversight, monitoring and testing of policies and procedures as well as contract administration. This position entails exposure to multiple persons and all groups within the firm.
Specific Responsibilities; under the supervision of the CCO include:
• Assist with forensic testing around the administration of the Compliance Program/Annual Review
• Assist with monitoring advisory activities to ensure they are performed in compliance with Company policies
• Monitor the effectiveness of established compliance processes and controls
• Recommend enhancements to the Compliance Program
• Prepare and submit SEC filings–Form SLT, Form SHL, Form SHC
• Facilitate the review and updates of compliance policies and procedures.
• Respond to document requests by auditors/regulators
• Contract management and due diligence monitoring of third party vendors
• Contract administration tasks such as drafting initial contracts and subsequent amendments
• Maintain data in various databases which tracks pertinent contract related information
• Liaison with legal counsel on execution of legal agreements
• Prepare and provide reports to CCO on a regular basis, or as requested
• Assist with administration of books and records.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Relevant Experience: minimum of 5 to7 years of compliance, audit and/or legal experience
• Working knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act
• Technology Skills: experience with Microsoft applications (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint)
• Outstanding reputation of professional integrity and potential to be personally credible
• Attention to detail and solid project management skills
• Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative
• Ability to adapt quickly and appropriately with the constant evolution of our compliance program
• Collaborative and energized by the open exchange of ideas
• Strong interpersonal, business writing and organizational skills with ability to priorities duties
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
• Self-starter who can work independently
• Strong team player
• Ability to work well under deadline pressure
• Decision making capability
• Communication Skills: Ability to clearly articulate opinions and to influence.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org